When you’ve scored a great jewellery piece, you want to enjoy it for as long as possible. That’s why you want to prevent discolouration, dullness and any damages. In this blog post, I’ll tell you how you can keep your jewellery items beautiful.
To enjoy your favourite jewellery pieces for as long as possible, it’s important to treat them with care. Some materials do not discolour, but they can become dull or get damaged. You want to prevent this too, of course! With the help of the 5 tips below you’ll know how you can enjoy your favourite items forever.
- Jewellery can discolour or become dull if it comes into contact with water, moisture or perspiration. Therefore, take off your jewellery when you exercise, sleep or shower. Never store your jewellery in damp places such as the bathroom.
- Jewellery can also discolour if it comes into contact with perfume, body lotion, hair spray or sunscreen. So always have this well withdrawn before you put on your jewellery.
- Your jewellery items can also become darker due to the air itself. Don’t you wear a certain item? Then store it in a dark place. Preferably in a bag or box that prevents the air from entering.
- To prevent any damages to your favourite pieces, it’s wise to store them separately from one another. So use a separate bag or box for every item. This way, the jewellery can’t damage each other and you also prevent chains from getting tangled up with each other. In that way, you’re not only avoiding damages, but also a lot of frustration!
- It’s also recommended to always attach your jewellery items, such as a necklace, before you store it. This prevents scratches and it also prevents that the jewellery gets tangled up with itself.
Have you followed all these tips and your jewellery items are discoloured anyway? There might be another cause. The PH-value of your skin also has an influence. This PH-value is different for everyone and therefore one piece of jewellery can stay beautiful by one person but discolour quickly by some else. Do you suffer from this? A thin layer of clear nail polish or a thin layer of clear spray paint can prevent this. But be careful, you don’t want to use too much. After all, you don’t want your jewellery to get sticky.
Do you want to know exactly from which material your Essentialistics jewellery item is made and whether this material is sensitive to discolouration? At the website, the material of every product is listed and in this earlier blog post you can read more about the different kinds of materials.
I hope that you can enjoy your jewellery items much longer with the help of these tips! Were there any things among the tips that you secretly do? Or do you perhaps have another great tip? Share it with me in the comments!